Call for "Researchers at Risk Fellowship" - UKRAINE
10. 03. 2022
Czech Academy of Sciences (CAS) announces a call for the researchers and PhD students from Ukraine under the new programme "Researchers at Risk Fellowship".
The programme aims to support researchers whose scientific work is threatened by war or persecution and other threats in their home country.
Eligible are researchers from all research fields, including scientists and PhD students, i. e., students in PhD programme or its equivalent as well as postdoctoral fellows who have already completed a PhD programme or its equivalent.
The proposal is exclusively submitted by individual CAS institutes which incorporate the applicant into their research team or a department. Applicant cannot directly apply for this programme. Applicant must contact the respective CAS Institute to make an application.
The application form is available here: form.
Deadline for submission of application forms is 30 September 2022.
Notice (of 28/4/2022): The opportunity to submit proposals to the program of the international cooperation, the Researchers at Risk Fellowship program announced on March 10, 2022, has been closed on 28 April 2022 due to the exhaustion of the financial resources allocated for this purpose. After 28 April 2022 it will be possible to send proposals, however, there will be no guarantee of subsumption of such proposals to the evaluation process and subsequently providing financial support. In case, the additional financial resources are released, it will be possible to include these later adopted proposals in the evaluation, in the order of their adoption.
- 73rd Lindau Nobel Laureates Meeting (Physics) - nomination process
- Call MIT-Czech Republic Seed Fund is open
- Czexpats in Science Prize 2023
- New SAPEA Report: Towards Sustainable Food Consumption
- Czexpats in Science - Summer Meetup
- ALLEA and ISC Report from the 2nd Conference on the Ukraine Crisis
- The 2023 Call for Proposals for the Challenge Fund of the Czech-UNDP Partnership for Sustainable Development Goals Project
- SAPEA call for nomination of experts on the topic "Successful and timely uptake of Artificial Intelligence in science in the EU"
- EASAC Call for Nominations of Expert and Programme director
- Special Offers in the Fulbright Specialist Programme
The Czech Academy of Sciences (the CAS)
The mission of the CAS
The primary mission of the CAS is to conduct research in a broad spectrum of natural, technical and social sciences as well as humanities. This research aims to advance progress of scientific knowledge at the international level, considering, however, the specific needs of the Czech society and the national culture.
President of the CAS
Prof. Eva Zažímalová has started her second term of office in May 2021. She is a respected scientist, and a Professor of Plant Anatomy and Physiology.
She is also a part of GCSA of the EU.